Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy MOM's Day!

The definition of Mom: The woman who loves you unconditionally from birth, the one who puts her kids before herself and the one who you can always count on above everyone else. 

... Just telling her your problems makes you feel better because mom's always know how to make it all go away.
Even if you fight, know that she's just looking out for your best interests.
"Where would you be without your mom?"

-Urban Dictionary


... a bit of a contrast to the definition of Mother: a woman in relation to a child or children she has given birth to - don't cha think?

Now, I struggle with 'mommy guilt' on the reg... I think most of us do - right?  I honestly thought the moment I became a mom, I would instantly never say another curse word & be the definition of love, kindness and patience, but I make mistakes constantly & question if I'm doing everything right.  This is rather exhausting to me because I've left my corporate job, that I worked very hard for, to devote my life to my family.  I put them first & myself last - I cut no corners when it comes to the girls' development & nutrition and try my damnedest when it comes to their character and spiritual development by being a fantastic mom, but all too often, my saboteurs tell me it still wasn't good enough.  This isn't for a raise or even a pat on the back... Come on - no one's here to see it! It's because I want my girls to look at me like I look at my mom, who stayed after work to clean the office for years to pay for my dance lessons (which actually took me pretty far in life, getting me college scholarships & taught me more about self discipline and hard work than anything else), who taught me by example that you create your own opportunities and the list goes on... so thank you Mom.


  • Thank you for not letting me quit or give up on anything... ever.
  • Thank you for not rescuing me in some of my hardest times but standing by my side instead, even though I know you wanted to... so bad.
  • Thank you for seeing more in me than I ever saw/see in myself.
  • Thank you for your amazing banana bread and chocolate gravy (it's ok to be jealous)
  • Thank you for all those Girl Nights of at-home mani/pedis, movie marathons and eating condensed milk straight out of the can or cake batter (again, it's ok to be jealous - don't judge us).
  • Most of all, thank you for being my friend... my best friend.
  • Oh wait!!... Most of all (x2), thank you, from both me and the KRaZe, for showing me what it takes be a great mom!


Also, thanks for willingly embarrassing yourself for my amusement! :)
All this said, I'm no longer trying to be a perfect mom.  Someone very special to me recently told me, "You don't want them to look at you as perfect... they need to see you tired and resting in God.  They need to see you sinful and repenting.  They need to watch you fail and fall apart sometimes so that you can model for them how Jesus lifts you and strengthens you and meets your needs." - Wow!

Kara Rose and Zoe,
I thank God every day for choosing me to be your mommy.  Being your mommy means I get to have a front row seat to your awesomeness, kiss your boo-boos, do Ring Around the Rosie 20 times a day, cheer you on when you give it your best shot to get that spoon from the plate to your mouths, and that you know how it feels to be loved unconditionally.
The day we brought The KRaZe home
So here's to you Mom and all the wonderful Mom's out there that just love your babies and are giving it your best shot.  

My favorite line: "What if I told you there is someone that actually... currently... holds this position right now... billions of people actually... MOMS."

I'd love some comments below on your fondest memories of your mom and/or of being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik